Dr. N. Ashwini
Dr AshwiniNelavelli is the Consultant Obstetrician, Gynaecologist and advanced laparoscopic Surgeon at Capital Hospitals. She possesses excellent clinical acumen as well as good surgical skills. Her areas of interest include Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic gynaecological Surgeries. She has to her credit of removing 2.5 Kg fibroid laproscopically. Dr Nelavelli deals with high risk obstetrics in liasion with medical Sub specialities.
She has finished her under graduation and post- graduation in OBGY from the prestigious Osmania medical college and had the privilege of working in an Institute with around 25000 - 30000 births per year during post graduation. She cleared her membership examination of Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (UK), and is MRCOG (UK).
Best Care for Women’s Health
The department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Capital Hospitals offers a wide range of services to meet the medical needs of women through all stages of life from adolescent, pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, reproductive age, menopause and beyond. The department has expertise in dealing with emergency obstetric gynaecological and laparoscopic surgeries, with services available round the clock.
Women are the most negligent when it comes to self- care!!
We have understood that women require special attention and focus when it comes to their health. In fact, it is well known that women end up taking most care of the loved ones and pay the least attention when it comes to their own wellbeing. At Capital Hospital, every female patient is addressed with a 360-degree approach, identifying the root cause of the ailment and finding the right diagnosis. Our specialized team of doctors is well experienced and approachable to discuss several areas of the ailment and arrive at the necessary course of treatment options.
Treating the Underlying Symptoms with Care
We have moved on from an era where hysterectomy was by and large the only solution to menstrual problems. In the midst of technological advances and breakthrough medicine, preserving the uterus is our main motto as we deal with detailed cause of ailment. Needless to say, the last two decades have witnessed a drastic change in the field of Laparoscopy, and what was once used for diagnostic purposes is today used for advanced abdominal surgical procedures.
Hysteroscopy is visualization from inside of the uterus with a camera without putting a scar on the abdomen. Dilatation and curettage for AUB is an outdated technique. Hysteroscopy provides a magnified view of the endometrial cavity, aiding in diagnosis and taking a clear biopsy with precision.
Various Hysteroscopic procedures we offer:
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Hysteroscopic endometrial biopsy for abnormal uterine bleeding
- Hysteroscopic polypectomy (Endometrial polyps which cause intermenstrual spotting and bleeding, subfertility).
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy for Submucous myomas
- Hysteroscopic Metroplasty & Septal resection (for recurrent miscarriages and subfertility)
- Retrieval of missing intrauterine device or foreign body.
- Hysteroscopic tubal Cannulation for blocked fallopian tubes.
LAPAROSCOPY: In laparoscopy, we make 3-4 small laparoscopic incisions for trocars through which we introduce Laparoscope attached to camera and system monitor and operative instruments. All the organs are magnified with a precision that is more effective than in the case of open surgery.
Various Laproscopic procedures we offer:
- Diagnostic laparoscopy for subfertility and chronic pelvic pain
- Laparoscopy for Ectopic pregnancy where the embryo implants most commonly in the fallopian tube, outside the uterine cavity. When diagnosed and treated early can prevent tubal rupture and peritoneal bleeding. This causes an emergency situation when tube ruptures, where fallopian tubes need to be removed to save the life of women.
- Laparoscopic myomectomy ‘Fibroid uterus: Non-cancerous benign growth of uterine muscle. This can cause abnormal uterine bleeding, subfertility, pressure symptoms. Small fibroids can be managed conservatively. Only fibroid which causes symptoms can be removed, preserving the uterus called Myomectomy.
- Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy : Ovarian Cysts: Fluid-filled Sac or tumor of the ovary. Usually, in benign ovarian cysts, only the cyst should be enucleated preserving the ovary. Ovary produces female hormones which prevent bone thinning, cardiovascular problems, etc.
- Laparoscopy for Endometriosis: Growth of uterine tissue outside the uterus. This can cause dysmenorrhoea (pain during periods), abnormal uterine bleeding, and subfertility.
- Lap adhesiolysis. Adhesion release: Previous multiple surgeries that cause pain.
- LaproscopicTubal recanalization: Used for reversal of tubectomy (permanent sterilization).
- Laparoscopic sacrospinous fixation, sacrocolpopexy: Pelvic Organ Prolapse: This is where female organs drop out of the vagina.
- Laparoscopic sterilization (Family planning)
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: removal of the uterus
Tapping into the Laparoscopy Advantage
Laparoscopy has replaced all traditional abdominal surgeries due to the immense advantages that the procedure carries:
- Less pain
- Early recovery and resume to work. (Patient is discharged within 24-48 hours) from the hospital after the procedure.
- Small scars on the abdomen (cosmetic).
Other Gynaecological Services:
- Cancer Screening Programme:
- Cervical cancer - Pap smear Breast cancer screening - Mammogram
- Fertility treatments
- Adolescent Vaccination against cervical cancer
- Women’s health should be optimized before conception.
- Women with health problems should have pre-pregnancy counseling.
- Adequate rest, Proper diet, Physical activity must occur for a healthy pregnancy.
- Regular antenatal check-ups under supervision. Services offered
- Normal labour
- Painless labour
- high-risk obstetrics
- Advanced maternity services.
- State of the art delivery suite facilities
- 24hours Paediatric / Neonatology services
- Well-equipped modern theatres and advanced 3D Laparoscopy facility e Intensive care units.
- e24Hours Emergency services
- Imaging: Ultrasound, CT scan.